How do you know if your silver is only silver plated? Check out this video.
What marks do I look for on silver plated items?
How do you tell when something is silver plated? While plated items have some value, it is just a small amount of silver. It’s a microscopic thin layer of silver over a base metal like copper or nickel.
So what are you looking for to determine if something is in fact plated? You will see one of the following:
- EP, which means electro plated
- EPNS, electro plated nickel silver
- EPBM, electro plated base metal
- SPC, silver plated copper
- Silver over copper
- Quadruple plated or triple plated
- The word community
- A1, A2, B1, B2
- A shallow lion or dragon’s head
Sadly, all of the above are bad news that tell you that your item is not sterling, it is plated. If you have any items to sell, I buy silver.
Comments are closed